Thursday 21 July 2011

Schools workshops

I have been working on a project this term with Norden Farm centre for the Arts in Maidenhead, which has involved delivering sessions to many Madienhead primary schools. Quite an ambitious project as I have an hour to work with a full class on an activity that is different to what they would normally do in school and link to their current curriculum learning. I have done 9 sessions in 2 days recently!
We have worked with wire, collage and shrink plastic, a few images to demonstrate just some of the thing we made! I'm hoping to get involved with this project again next year, I'm enjoying the challenge with so many limitations.

Wire work based on insects and small creatures with year 4




Shrink plastic mobiles with year 1, 4 of these in one day... so much fishing wire and knotting!






No comments:

Post a Comment